Next, I will describe how you can implement this video in your classroom:
- Explain to students that you are going to play a short video made of several transitional clips and they should pay attention to what these clips describe.
- Students can work in pairs of individually depending on their level.
- Ask them to write the word (verb, noun or adjective) that characterizes each video clip.
- In lower levels you can tell them that several clips represent the same word.
- Once they are sure of the word each clip describes, ask your students to write a phrase or sentence representing the clip and then, highlight the main word. Eg. I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday.
- Play the video as many times as your students need it.
- Students share answers as they watch the video. Explain those meanings that students do not understand.
- Introduce the concept of polysemy and ask students to think of other words that have several meanings. Encourage students to use the dictionary to learn meanings of words that students do not know.