IH Certificate in Teaching Business English
To give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to start teaching business English.
- The IH BET is a 50 hour course consisting of 30 hours of input and 20 hours of homework (reading or action research) tasks, plus a post-course reflection.
- The course contains 30 modules divided into 3 strands: Basic Business Awareness, Professional Skills and Methodology and Materials.
STRUCTURE AND ASSESSMENT:
- There is no assessed teaching in this course.
- Candidates submit a post-course reflective assignment and a portfolio of seven tasks taken from the homework set in Strands 2 and 3 of the course.
- The final portfolio is moderated by the IH Assessment Unit.
- The course is run by qualified and experienced Business English teachers.
MY FINAL PORTFOLIO
- HOMEWORK 15: Needs Analysis (Link)
- HOMEWORK 18: The Client Approach (Link)
- HOMEWORK 19: Feedback (Link)
- HOMEWORK 23: Practicing Oral Skills (Link)
- HOMEWORK 25: Using Authentic Materials (Link)
- HOMEWORK 26: Adapting Published Materials (Link)
- HOMEWORK 30: Creating your Own Materials (Link)
- FINAL REFLECTIONS (Link)