For this activity you will need:
1. Flashcards with verbs (words) : dance, sing, have a shower, sleep drink, eat .... (daily routines).
2. Flashcards with animals (pictures or words): giraffe, owl, cat, dog, bear ....
3. Flashcards with food or drinks: water, orange juice, pasta, pizza, muffin...
1. Divide the flashcards in three groups according to their category (verbs, animals, and food and drinks).
2. Let each student choose one flashcard from groups 1 and 2. In case they pick "eat" or "drink" they will also pick a flashcard from group 3.
3. Students will represent the combination of flashcards and will write the a sentence in the present continuous. If they picked "bear", "eat" and "pasta", they would represent and write "the bear is eating pasta".
4. Do the activity first in front of the students so they can see what exactly they are expected to do.
5. If necessary (depending on your students' age) go around and check which flashcards they got and write the sentences on the blackboard so they can copy them.
6. The final result is so lovely! Check my students' work below!